At Hedgehog Technologies, we’re dedicated to building a better world.
We’re a growing electrical engineering firm that is currently seeking an Electrical Technologist to join our professional team.
About The Opportunity:
As a Premium Electrical & Controls Engineering company with global experience and an uncommon blend of technical expertise in Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), Harsh & Hazardous Environments, and Renewable & Industrial Energy Systems we are uniquely organized to design, build and commission anything…from Roller Coasters, to Electric Submarines, to Solar Farms.
Our collaborative, diverse culture and dedication to professional project delivery is why our customers love us, and why our team considers this to be a great place to build their career. We also recognize how important it is to maintain our sense of curiosity, our open & respectful culture, and dedication to learning. We should also mention that we like to have fun along the way.
So, if you’re a self-starting, active learner who wants to have fun while you grow your career with a world-class engineering team, please send us your cover letter and resume.
The candidate will perform the following duties:
- Read, review and update electrical drawings and schematics
- Provide creative solutions relating to assembly of components and industrial electrical systems in non-standard configurations or applications
- Build and install electrical panels and equipment
- From time to time supervise the fabrication and installation of electrical panels and equipment
- Work on a production line assembling and testing electrical components and sub-assemblies as part of a manufacturing team
- Assist in the creation of test procedures and completing test reports
- Participate in and perform test procedures
- Test, troubleshoot, commission and perform acceptance-tests for new and upgraded electrical equipment installations
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of internal processes and procedures
- Provide exceptional and responsive customer service to our clients
- Other duties as they may be required
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics, skills and experience:
- Extensive practical hands on field experience, preferably in an industrial setting
- Be quality focused with a meticulous attention to detail, having demonstrated an ability to create accurate, safe, neat, maintainable installations (photos of past work would be helpful)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently when required, but also as part of a team to build and commission electrical panels and components in a fast-paced industrial setting often on very tight schedules
- Have experience in low and medium voltage environments
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in real time
- Ability to work collaboratively with the engineering design team to improve component design and manufacturability of panels and equipment
- Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to work closely with subcontractors, possibly overseeing subcontractor’s work
- Have an eagerness to learn new skills and technologies
- Completed a National Diploma Program in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering Technology from a recognized institution and/or comparable relevant experience
- Desirable if candidate has completed or is nearing completion of an industrial electrician apprenticeship program
- ASTTBC registration or eligibility
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Familiar with the Canadian Electrical Code and other international codes
- Available for occasional travel
While we appreciate all applicants for their interest in joining our team, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time – Apply Now on Indeed.com