This career opportunity is ideal for the candidate looking to apply their considerable organizational and logistical skills and background to contribute to the success of our company. We are looking for a self-starter that will bring their knowledge of inventory control and management systems to bear to ensure Hedgehog will meet its quality and delivery commitments to its clients.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Have 3-5 years’ experience in the electrical/ electronics manufacturing industry with a high degree of knowledge in materials management and logistics.
- Knowledge and experience of the panel manufacturing process would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to develop and improve our internal inventory control procedures as part of continuous improvement process.
- Highly organized and exceptional attention to detail and accuracyHave an eagerness to learn new skills and technologies
- Ideally have a background in Kanban or equivalent systems
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, primarily Excel and Word, and/or Google Applications
- Have knowledge of and experience in ERP/ MRP systems
- Have the ability to lift 22 kg
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties
- Develop and maintain work process and workflow to receive, organize and bin parts, components and sub-assemblies from multiple suppliers in preparation for the manufacturing process.
- Receive and inventory parts, components and sub-assemblies, provide appropriate documentation and coordinate with the payables department to verify receipt.
- Develop and maintain an inventory tracking system and provide regular stocking reports and replenishment requirements.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment
- Coordinate with purchasing to ensure lead times are met.
- Work with suppliers to ensure just in time deliveries and accurate shipments to Hedgehog facilities. Track deficiencies and returns.
- Coordinate with production team to develop production schedule and assembly plans and ensure components are binned and delivered to workstations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Track production and provide appropriate documentation and reporting
- Prepare completed product for shipping/delivery to customer including preparation of all waybills and shipping documents.
- Coordinate with customer facility to schedule delivery
- Stage product and ship to customers
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience preferably in the electrical/ electronics or panel manufacturing industry.
- A supply chain or production planning diploma is an asset
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Forklift training an asset
This is a full time permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications with competitive benefits package.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to HERE