Hedgehog Technologies is a rapidly growing engineering firm that is dedicated to building a better world. We are currently seeking an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our professional team and help us do just that.
About The Opportunity:
As a Premium Electrical & Controls Engineering company with global experience and an uncommon blend of technical expertise in
- Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS),
- Harsh & Hazardous Environments, and
- Renewable & Industrial Energy Systems
we are uniquely organized to design, build and commission anything…from Roller Coasters in Asia, to Electric Submarines in Seattle, to Solar Farms in remote Northern Ontario.
Our collaborative, diverse culture and dedication to professional project delivery is why our customers love us, and why our team considers this to be a great place to build their career. We also recognize how important it is to maintain our sense of curiosity, our open and respectful culture, and dedication to learning. I should also mention we like to have some fun along the way.
So, if you’re a self-starting, active learner who wants to have fun while you grow your career and take yourself to the next level with a world-class engineering team, please send us your resume.
The successful candidate will:
- Be capable of big-picture thinking with great attention to detail
- Take a systems approach
- Work collaboratively with the Hedgehog design team and support the development of our junior engineers and designers
- Be a team player but also be capable of working independently and not afraid to make decisions
- Design electrical control panels, select components, calculate faults, draw schematics
- Provide detailed electrical controls design, project engineering and project management
- Create testing procedures and oversee construction and commissioning of electrical equipment
- Develop and improve our internal procedures as part of our continuous improvement process
- Take safety seriously in all aspects of your work
- Be as comfortable in the field during construction and commissioning as in in the office performing detailed electrical design work
- Be willing to travel
- Have an eagerness to learn new skills and technologies
- Be an excellent communicator
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical field is required
- Have or be eligible for P.Eng. license in British Columbia with APEGBC
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Familiar with the Canadian Electrical Code and other international codes, e.g. IEC and NEC.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks, AutoCAD and simulation software, such as ETAP, is an asset
- Rockwell RS Studio5000 is an asset
- Understand PLx and SIL assessments and design philosophy IEC61508/ISO13849 etc.
- Excellent written and spoken English
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to HERE